We are the community of professionals who are writing the playbook to win campaigns on a pro-European platform.
Our next mission: to coordinate during the Conference on the Future of Europe (#CoFoE), so that we promote a positive narrative and help each other whilst facing common challenges. We will achieve it by creating a campaign coordination group to organise and hit common goals during the #CoFoE.
Let's seize the opportunity to communicate the ideals and values of the Union we aspire to live in. The majority of Europeans are with us:
- 3 out of 4 of Europeans feel #COFOE will have a positive impact on EU democracy
- 6 in 10 agree that the pandemic has made them reflect on the EU's future
- 92% across the EU agree that citizens’ voices should be taken into account more in decisions relating to the future of Europe.
We will face common challenges during the #CoFoE:
- Reason vs emotion: a torrent of emotions such as anger, fear or anxiety will be let loose by the anti-EU camp. Our narrative needs to strike the right balance between reason and positive emotion.
- Disinformation online
- Pessimism and apathy of pro-European colleagues
- Network: open and transparent networking amongst campaign, communication and advocacy professionals in Europe
- Coordination: use of common political strategies, narratives and messages during the CoFoE period
- Purpose: broad coalition, from left to right, from conservative to liberals to progressives, with one thing in common: our European values
What to expect from this coordination group
This is a community-driven group and that means that members will agree on the goals and specific actions. Having said that, here's some food for thoughts:
- Creating lists of accounts to follow, social media posts to re-tweet and share
- Writing effective lines-to-take when discussing CoFoE in public or private.
- Organising networking and other type of events
- Launching our own social media campaigns
- Managing the relations with the press, partners and other stakeholders
How you can participate
This is how our ladder of engagement looks like. Please select the one that suits you best at this moment in your life. You can always adapt your engagement with us.
- Follower - you will take a passive role, for now, by following us on social media and receiving our emails.
- Supporter - in addition to the above, you will participate in collaboration chats, but you can't commit hours of your week
- Volunteer - you will take a more active role and participate in our regular meetings, which won't take more than 2 hours per week
- HQ team - you will take a proactive role, be responsible for specific tasks, and even lead a whole team.
About us: We are a volunteer-led, light-touch community. We do not ask for money for participation in our community. We do not take money from any organisation.