- In one sentence: The campaignplaybook.eu seeks a talented and passionate professional with a blend of experience in the fields of EU affairs, communications and community management experience. The chosen candidate will work hand-in-hand with the Founder.
- Nature of work: manage the relationship with the members and supporters of the European campaign playbook. This includes developing the membership programme, managing events (online and offline), defining the content strategy and keeping our online and offline channels updated.
- Location: This position can operate remotely (CET hours).
- Contract type: Freelance (Fixed-price or hourly-rate contract) or Permanent Contract (based in Spain)
- Our budget for this project: Due to the nature of this offer, we are open to negotiate the budget based on the scope of work and demonstrated skills. We will always pay well above the equivalent to the living wage.
This is a special opportunity
If you lost your job due to COVID and/or started your own company, or if you are a young professional who just started your career, then we’re looking for you.
What You'll Do:
- Media: Interview guests live on social media, webTV and in offline events and conferences.
- Marketing: Devise and run B2C (business to consumer) and B2B (business to business) integrated marketing campaigns with the aim of acquiring and retaining members and sponsors for the community.
- Event management: find and book the venue, schedule interviews with experts, manage RSVPs and logistics. In other words, making the event happen.
- Management skills: You will formulate marketing plans but your team or external agencies will deliver them. Therefore, you need to guide your team and establish parameters, but also delegate rather than micro-manage.
- Communication skills: Excellent writing skills are a prerequisite as you will frequently have to communicate with clients and write copy for marketing products.You will also need excellent media and public speaking skills.
- Project management skills: You will have to work with a budget, meet deadlines for multiple projects and ensure ROI on marketing campaigns. You will need to manage the organisation’s output effectively and intervene if things are going off-track.
- Language skills: You need to be a native English speaker. The mastery of other EU languages is highly valued.
- Technical skills:
- Confident with social media platforms and publishing, scheduling and data analytics tools
- Experienced in using Microsoft Powerpoint, Word and Excel.
what you will receive
- A contract - freelance or permanent - that matches the benefits offered to employees under Spanish law.
- An annual budget to pursue relevant training of your choice.
- Training on the leading political technology vendors and support to obtain official certifications.
- Mentoring led by the Founder and following a well-tested comprehensive talent management programme called Performance Achievement ®
Send your CV to [email protected]
We are the campaignplaybook.eu, the community for pro-European political campaign consultants and managers, public affairs pros, and communications specialists.
Together, we are writing the playbook to win campaigns. A playbook written by, and for, the members of the community.
We aspire to:
- Set the standard for ethical political campaigns in Europe
- Promote and recognise talent in our industry
- Share the skills, resources and networks our members need to thrive and win.
- To promote the European Union values in each and everyone of the campaigns we fight
This is not another standard disclaimer on Diversity. We mean it.
We aim at building a values-based community. More specifically, we believe in the European Union values enshrined in article 2 of the Treaty on the EU (see below), and we fight for them every day and in each campaign.
And the work starts at home. We will always aim at building a diverse team, with individuals who bring different perspectives to the table, and, at the same time, are able to work together towards a common goal.
For this reason, we will give priority to women, people of color, immigrants, refugees, LGBTQ persons, people with disabilities, ethnic and religious minorities, and people of various minority backgrounds.
Article 2, Treaty on the European Union
The Union is founded on the values of respect for human dignity, freedom, democracy, equality, the rule of law and respect for human rights, including the rights of persons belonging to minorities. These values are common to the Member States in a society in which pluralism, non-discrimination, tolerance, justice, solidarity and equality between women and men prevail.